Thursday, July 9, 2009

Visitors

Today I had some visitors. Physical therapy came by to help me learn what kind of leg and arm exercises I can do to help my muscles while on bed rest. Also a woman from the march of dimes came to visit and talked to me about a family support program for parents of future premature babies. I received a book and some information of what to expect with premature babies. The third visitor was a good dear friend who I love very much who drove all the way from her work in the Woodlands to visit and bring me lunch (Burger King Whopper). She is such a wonderful person and I appreciate her kindness. I really do appreciate visitors as it helps pass the time and keeps me from getting extremely bored. I also always look forward to my husband getting here after work as I miss him when he is gone.

4 comments:

  1. The March of Dimes does good work. Prematurity is serious and can be a very scary thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I'm an expert, but I have certainly learned all about the nicu the last 3 weeks. We can't wait to get home and come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The March of Dimes is awesome! There are a lot of good preemie resources out there, too, and the MOD website is a good start. There's also an Inspire support group with some really fabulous women on there whose lives have been touched by prematurity in some way. If you go to inspire.com, you ought to be able to find it. I'm glad you are connecting with some preemie-support! It's a long road, but so worth it! (My little girl weighed less than a pound and stayed in the NICU for 4 months. I was also on hospital bedrest - but only for a week before Becca decided it was time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog and I just delivered triplets at Woman's Hospital. Good luck with everything. You are in good hands at Woman's Hospital. I just had my triplets 2 weeks ago and I was on bed rest at Woman's Hospital. The nurses are SO nice!!! There are not enough kind works to describe how well they took care of me. My babies are in NICU 2 right now and I am at the hospital every day to see the babies. I see your husband coming and going all the time. You are for sure in good hands with all of the medical staff there. Also, the nurses in the NICU are AMAZING!!! They are so good to my babies as well as myself. Again, you picked a GREAT place to deliver you babies. My husband and I will keep you and your babies in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.