Monday, July 27, 2009

Mom & Dad Stansel!


Today was a very rough day on my blood sugars. Dr. Kirshon decided to put me on a different drug to help stop contractions. I started to have more contractions. The contractions were not very painful, but my doctor was being cautious. He decided it was time to start Terbutaline.

(Terbutaline is a β2-adrenergic receptor agonist, used as a fast-acting bronchodilator (often used as a short-term asthma treatment) and as a tocolytic to delay premature labour. The inhaled form of terbutaline starts working within 15 minutes and can last up to 6 hours).

This medication has really had an effect on my Blood Sugars. It has made them high. So that has been a little discouraging today. We shall see if my body ajusts to this medication like they say it will.

I was excited to see my Mother and Father In-law this eveing, they helped brighten my day. They are about to embark on a full time mission tomorrow. They have been called to serve in the louisiana, Baton Rouge Mission. So we won't see them for a year and a half. It was so nice to be able to see them and visit with them before they left for their mission. I wish them the best.

3 comments:

  1. Guess you won't be competing in any Olympic competitions, huh? ;) Wishing you the best and praying that the meds work their magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terb is amazing but it takes getting used to! You are doing fantastic! We have 9 month old girl quadruplets! So if you need any clothes for your sweet girls send me an e-mail I can drop them off at the hospital for you! jntduggan@yahoo.com Kepp up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ wow Teri, what an amazingly kind gesture; I've read your blog a few times and now I know why God chose you women to be mom's of multiples... you all have the BIGGEST hearts!!! Amanda, keep up the good work, you're doing so well. Have you decided on any names yet? Also, random, but Thomas looks identical to his father! God Bless you, Thomas, and those six little miracles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.