Wednesday, July 22, 2009

21 Weeks

I've made it another week. I'm now 21 weeks. It feels so great to have made it another week. How blessed we are to have made it this far. I measured my belly and I am 43 1/2 inches around. Wow I've gone from a 28 inch waist before pregnancy to now 43 1/2 inches. My belly sure has stretched and will continue to stretch. I've got lots of stretch marks already. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much. I knew it would happen.





Last night was not good. I have been getting really itchy and it keep me up all night. I was given Benadryl, but it didn't really help. I'm tired and ready to go to bed tonight. I hope I sleep through the night tonight even though I'm still itchy. My doctor says its the pregnancy that is making me itch.

Today I was having pain and I thought for sure I was having more contractions, but after they monitored me there was not any. I took some Tylenol and now I'm feeling better. It was just that ligament pain again. It's really sore to walk.

Thomas is such a wonderful husband! He is so thoughtful and cares so much for me. Today he surprised me and brought me flowers. They are so beautiful and brightens my room. Thank you Thomas!!

7 comments:

  1. U r so lucky to have such a supportive loving husband! Good luck you are gonna back it to the 30 week mark with the positive attitude you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow babies grow! I'm glad to hear of the positive progress, and hope the itching goes away.

    I live in the Houston area and am following your blog and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another week down! I hate feeling itchy, that must be so annoying. And I always feel like all Benadryl does is make me fall asleep but doesn't really stop the itchiness.
    I hope you got a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats...your almost there. You can do it. So many people are praying for you and those little ones. try and enjoy your quiet time now, because sooner then later you won't have much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay another week and now more than half way there. Stay strong you have an eternal perspective to help you through. Your in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you are so wonderful - read about you in church news... best wishes and lots of prayers for you and Thomas and the babies!!! at least your waist is lost to a great cause!! i just lost mine years ago and haven't located it since....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the DesNews post.

    You're itching and they gave you Benadryl? Is the itching on your hands and feet? Do you, by chance, have any Scandinavian ancestry?

    Did the doctors order a full liver panel when you mentioned the itching? OB doctors can be dismissive of pregnancy itching, and it's not a good thing because it can be a serious complication called intrehepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP). You can look it up, and a good place to start is www.itchymoms.com. If it is ICP, which initial liver function tests may or may not show, they should get you on ursodiol ASAP, for your comfort and the well being of the babies.

    I see an email address on your website, and I will send an email with some more information to that address.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.