Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Girls Blessing

This Blog post is a bit late, but you know what they say better late than never. I (Thomas) had the privilege and sacred honor of blessing my beautiful little girls on June 6, 2010. It was an awesome day. It was obviously my first time to ever give a child a name and blessing. It was one of the most spiritual days of my life. The Spirit was so strong that day as I held each girl in my arms and placed our hands on their heads. I had an extremely difficult time holding back the tears. I didn't think I would ever get through it. I don't remember everything I was prompted to say, but I do remember the feelings that overcame me. I know that Rachel and Haley are here for a distinct purpose. I know that they continue to bless Amanda and I. They looked so pure that day dressed in their beautiful white dresses. Most of my Family was able to attend except my older Brother Mike and his Family in Idaho Falls, Idaho. We do wish they could of been able to be there with the family. I was so grateful to have my best friend Jason come and stand in the circle. He made the sacrifice to come all the way from Dallas. I couldn't ask for a better friend. He is a true friend, I love and appreciate him. Amanda had her Mom and Dad come in from Austin as well. We wish her Brother Darren and his family could of made it to complete her side of the family. After the blessing of the girls our families got together and had a nice meal and cake.

Pictures courtesy of Christina Mckinney Photography - Thanks Christina!

Family picture the day the girls were blessed



Rachel and Haley





Haley in her blessing dress



Rachel in her blessing dress



Big Family picture



The cake was so delicious! We used the same cake maker that made our wedding cake.



10 comments:

  1. Love your posts, and your sharing of your faith in our Heavenly Father, and those two beautiful little girls. Somewhere are other of your children, watching you and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful... Congratulations to you and your girls! We are all children of God!

    PS I love how their dresses and the cake matched! Hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful, the girls are beautiful! What a wonderful day for your families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the pics are just beautiful!! :) may god continue to bless you all each and every day! :)

    Love the hernandez family

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely thing to share.. so beautiful and i can only imagine how wonderful it was.
    Thank you for letting us peek into this special day.
    Keep up the good work Stansel (and extended) family, you are an inspiration.. God bless!. love Erma

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are so beautiful!! The girls looks so sweet and beautiful in their dresses and I LOVE the picture of you with all of your family!!

    The cake looks delicious and just right for such beautiful little girls!!

    I am so thankful everyday for the church and for the knowledge and strength it gives us that families are forever and this is but a test to prepare us for better things!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone have a box saying "This image or video has been moved or deleted" Photobucket going through this blog? It is very annoying and if someone knows how to get rid of it please tell me. The other blogs I read do not have it. Thank you.
    Can you believe in a week or so these babies will be 1. Truly a blessing~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe the girls' birthday is in a few days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look back every once in awhile to catch up.
    I started looking in just before the babies were born. I feel tremendous love for you and your little family. I believe that you are special parents to be able to have these children. Those not here and those who stayed. Love from the Campbell's, South Jordan, Utah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.