Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Magnesium Sulfate!


Lat night was not the best of nights for me. I was having contractions almost all night, finally around 3:00 am Dr. Kirshon said to put me on Magnesium Sulfate. I was Leary of going on the medication because of all the horror stories I have heard. I was given an exceptionally high dose at first. They call it a loading dose, which was 6 grams. I was shocked with how well my body has handled it. The only side effects I have felt is my face got extremely hot, kind of like hot flashes. I also have been very jittery, but other than that I have been ok. I was worried more about how the babies are doing, so this morning the MD decided to do an ultrasound. The Ultrasound went amazingly well. All the babies are growing and seem to be as healthy as can be. Found out that 2 of the babies weigh 1.2 lbs, three are at 1.1 lbs, and one is at 14 ounces. We feel pretty good about that. The average weight for one at 22 weeks is 1 lb. My cervix is doing ok after all those contractions. I have not dialated, and it is still closed. I will continue to move forward trusting in the Lord.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, i'm so glad that even tho you are having contractions that all is well with your cervix. We are praying that you can continue to the end of September. That is great news about all 6 babies. They are growing and you need to just remember and have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of you and your little ones.We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some mag! I'm glad it went okay. It made my heart race to an alarming degree, and my legs and arms shook really bad. Good news about your cervix, too. Heavenly Father has big plans for these little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you. . . I wanted to come visit, but my kids have had fevers off and on the last couple of days. Hopefully I can visit soon. I'm glad your babies are so big. That's amazing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you are still doing well. I had mag with my first but just a little, 'cause I delivered him later that evening. I don't even remember why they gave it to me. Heck it was almost 15 years (and 4 kids) ago, I'm amazed I remember anything! :-)

    Hang in there. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh scary! I'm glad you are doing better and SO glad to hear that almost all of the little tykes are above 1 pound. That's so good! Our prayers are continually with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the mag is treating you well enough. You're tough stuff! Also glad that the babe are getting so big! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad it is going reasonably well for you and that the babies are doing so well. i am excited for you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.