Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hanging Strong

This morning Dr. Kirshon came in to see me like usual, He decided to lower my Magnesium Sulfate from 2 grams to 1.5 grams, I was so happy because I thought it would lower my Nausea symptoms, but guess what it didn't; Not even Zofran completely takes away the nausea. I have decided to except it and move forward. I am in good hands here at the hospital, I absolutely love one of the nurses here her name is Renee. She has been so caring and loving towards me. I really feel like she would do anything for me and these babies. I have my discouraging moments but she always seems to brighten my day with her enthusiasam and her positive attitude. I owe her so much for all that she has done for me to this point in my pregnancy. This evening I have had a few contractions so they decided to bump up the Magnesium Sulfate back to 2 grams. Thomas and I were on Fox News at 9pm this evening, it was a follow to the first interview we had back in june. I have made it through another day, I am please with that. I am trying to keep these babies cooking for as long as possible. Here is the interview http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/health/090730_humble_sextuplets

5 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a little while. You are amazing!! I obviously don't know how you feel, but you are doing a great job!! I can't imagine how hard that would be to be on bed rest in the hospital for that long. So sorry about the nausea, that must be pretty bad if Zofran won't kick it. That is my favorite nausea drug. Hang in there!! Just keep taking it one day at a time. You have many people praying for you and those sweet babies!!
    Michelle
    Lehi, Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda

    I'm a Zofran Mum. I lived on it while pregnant with my son who is almost 3. When people talk about nausea in pregnancy, I ask them how many were vomiting BEFORE the pregnancy test came up positive AND how many were still vomiting during the caesarean delivery? I'm sure nausea and being a first class Mum go hand in hand :)

    This comes with prayers from our little family in Australia for you, Thomas and your six little miracles.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, I'm a good friend of Thomas'. We grew up in the same stake. Hang in there, you and the babies are all in our prayers down here! You both looked great on tv last night, (aside from the super cheesey comments made by the announcer). If there is anything we can do, let us all know. We wish you all the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. You are doing great. BTW, You looked fine on TV even without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO SORRY, ON THE LOST OF YOUR LITTLE ANGLE SON. HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. AND HE IS WATCHING OVER YOUR 5 LITTLE ONES AND YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. I AM NEW TO THE MORAMN CHURCH. MY LOVE GOES OUT TO YOU ALL.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL. LOVE SHIRLEY KEITEL SQUIRRLEY@COMCAST.NET

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.