Friday, July 3, 2009

New Home - The Hospital


I work up at 4am this morning in pain. I was so scared thinking I was having contractions and so I woke up my husband. I took some Tylenol and the pain stopped. I was able to go back to sleep then I woke up again at 6am and the pain started again. This time is lasted longer and was more painful. I really thought I was going to lose these babies. Good thing my doctor's appointment was this morning. We called the doctor and he advised to come in earlier than my scheduled appointment. About 15 minutes after speaking with the doctor the pain stopped. Thank goodness! We left the house on our way to the doctor after that.

We got to the doctors office and he did an ultrasound and exam. All looked well with the babies! They are all growing well and are on target. They are approximately 9 oz each. Still little, but growing. According to the doctor, the pain I was having was due to ligaments (muscles) stretching around my uterus. It's normal and can be very painful, but the doctor wanted to start monitoring me closer since we are in uncharted territory. He decided to admit me to the hospital. So now my new home is the hospital. I will be in the hospital until I deliver these babies (around 10-12 weeks). I miss home and I miss my own bed, but this is the best to make sure these babies stay in the womb as long as possible. They will monitor me twice a day for contractions and do more frequent ultrasounds. The monitoring will increase as time goes on. I hope I can sleep in this new environment. My husband will attempt to sleep here with me in the hospital as well. Dr. Kirshon came to visit me this afternoon before he went home for the day, he seems to think everything is ok right now.

11 comments:

  1. Well at least you'll be in a position to get checked out when you have pain, get stressed. I can't imagine the stress that comes with six babies in your belly. I hope you have a laptop and wireless internet. Find some good blogs and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what hospital are you in?? i may want to come visit you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the stack of books on your table. Hope you can find a way to enjoy the time. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bummer to not be in your own home, but I'm so glad you're where you can all stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! That round ligament pain is nothing to sneeze at. It hurts a lot with just one baby in there. I was in the hospital with my second pregnancy. It's not so bad, and you don't have to cook or clean up! I sure did miss my shower though. Bathing with a wash cloth and basin are not quite the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in the best place you can be. I was in the hospital for almost 3 months with my triplets. I asked for God to give me strength many times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live near you and am aslo pregnant, but just with twins!;-) We also see Dr. Kirshon. Really like him. I think you're in good hands, but the best are the hands of God, as you know. Best wishes to you and your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Kirshon was also my dr when I was pregnant with my triplets. I was on 100% complete bed rest and the nurses at Texas Woman's are amazing !!! They take awesome care of you and no question is stupid to them. I am praying for you and the babies !! Enjoy the time in the hospital because you will have no more rest when your 6 pack come home !!! Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart. If there's anything we can send you to help wile away the hours, please post it so we can help! Food? Books? Magazines? Hobby supplies? So glad to know everyone is okay. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are in Women's Hospital in L& D ICU - Beth & Ginger are 2 nurses there, ask for them when you can! They were my favorites. Gave me wheelchair rides, popscicles, ya know all the stuff that make bedrest tolerable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to you and your family! I'll be thinking of you during these next weeks in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.