Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baths and new clothes

The girls had a relatively good day, despite Rachel having an episode of Acid Reflux that caused her to drop her heart rate. Dr. Thompson put her on anti-reflux medications. The meds seem to have helped. Acid reflux is very common in preemies and we were told that Haley will have it too. Haley's feeds are being increased and so the acid reflux will show up as her feeds are increased even more. We had a fun time sponge bathing Rachel for the first time today. It was so awesome to bathe her and feel like we are a part of her care in some small way though we both were nervous as we didn't want to hurt her in any way. Doing basic baby care is so new to us. We are learning! Rachel is such a wiggly worm which made bathing her a little difficult, but together we did it. We will become pros real soon. We bought some preemie clothes for the girls this past weekend and tonight we were able to put a little outfit on Rachel after her bath. She looked so cute! The outfit was still a little big for her, but she will grow into them. Haley will get her bath later and her nurse will put a little preemie outfit on her after her bath. Haley had another eye exam this evening and she will need the same laser eye surgery her sister Rachel had last week. It will be done either Monday or Tuesday. We again hope it will go well and Haley will be ok.

Mommy dressing Rachel



Rachel looking cute in her new clothes




Haley at her post



Haley getting assessed by her nurse

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. The girls are looking so big.

    Our little family continues to pray for you both, for the health of the girls and for their angel siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First bath!! How wonderful for you guys! I can remember bathing my daughter for the first time-I was so scared! I was so stressed about everything and babies are a lot harder to hold on to when they're slippery! It will get easier though, I promise. I love that you are able to get clothes for them too, how fun!

    I'm so glad that both of the girls are doing so well, they are such fighters! I hope and pray that the eye surgery will go well for little Haley.

    Your family is so amazing! Thank you, as always, for sharing with us!!!


    Praying for you always,

    Christina McKinney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I always loved when my preemies were finally able to wear clothes. Your lil girls are so cute!! Im wishing them the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another milestone. Prayers continue for your special family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THEY ARE PRECIOUS!!! I just love reading your updates and pray for your little girls everyday! I'm SOO HAPPY that they are both doing soo well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are precious! Rachel's new outfit is so cute! Looks like she is about ready to go home. I am confident that Haley will be just fine after surgery. It is very safe and effective. She is so chubby! I am very happy for you. Congratulations on your beautiful family! I continue to keep all of you in my heart. Love and prayers, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. how great is that! so glad you had the opportunity to bathe our spunky Rachel. pink will be a good color for her!

    Haley's tiny hands caught my eye - they are so perfect! i'm sure her surgery will go well.

    happy that all is going well - hopefully acid reflux will go away- we used to call it spitting up ;)

    first son was famous for that! like projectile!when my milk was gone we tried him on goats milk -- for about one feeding! he smelled like an old billy goat - yuk!

    best love and prayers for you.
    Erma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww!!!! I'm a baby fanatic and those pictures are awesome to see such cuties. Rachel looks so big almost like she's ready to go home;) I loved the videos and I can't wait to see more.
    Love,
    -Lindsey Johnson-

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you had a great day bathing and dressing her. Your girls are getting stronger every day and I pray they will be home with you soon. Thank you for taking the time to share you story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what gorgeous, beautiful babies! I just love to read your blog, your angels are so beautiful!
    Melanie Segalla

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so beautiful and I love how they are now wearing clothes. I look back at our babies in preemie clothes and it is hard to ever believe they were big on them.

    Some day you will do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little outfits are so darling. I got a good feeling while I was looking at those pictures. I really think they will be beautiful, healthy girls. Your faith is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First baths are such exciting events, and a little scary at times, too! The girls look so big in their new outfits. I look forward to reading about their continued progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.