Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little update

Just wanted to give everyone a little update as we know everyone looks forward to hearing more. The doctor gave us a call on our way home from church and all she had was positive news. All 3 girls have been weaned down on their vent settings. Of course they were only able to do this after sedating them. They need to sedate them to help their lungs heal as they tend to fight the vent when they are not sedated. Haley's heart rate is doing good. She sure did scare us yesterday when her heart rate got up into the 200's. Ashlyn is now getting 2 ml of breast milk every 3 hours. The other two (Rachel and Haley) will be restarted on feeds soon (within a day or two). Rachel's blood pressure is better and is no longer on blood pressure medication. All the girls are getting blood cultures routinely and so far none of them have come back positive. We do hope the infections are being taken care of with the antibiotics they are currently on. So today so far has been a good day for them. The doctor states they are "happy". I like to say they are behaving and being good for mom and dad. We don't like it when they try to scare us. I'm sure that will never end even when they move out of the house in 18 years or so. I'm thankful for the "happy" days and we hope and pray for more to come.

14 comments:

  1. Baby steps and lots of prayers and blessings! Isn't it a miracle, how a loving Heavenly Father is carrying your babies? I get so much strength from your sweet blogs. This is my first comment, but I check on you daily and keep sending little prayers flying heavenward for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great news! I am so happy for all of you! I can't wait to see you and the girls together at home. Congratulations, you have a beautiful family that will be with you forever. I continue to pray for all of you and I am sure more "happy days" will come. May the heavenly Father continue to bless your family. I love all of you and I keep you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful example of faith and hope! I have been following your blog since I saw about you on the church news e-mail. I love the way you word things and your sweet way of including your testimony. I watch for your daily and you are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update !
    So many I know are reading your blog and checking on you and your little ones.
    Even if they dont comment....so many people care.
    Prayers for the girls and you and your families

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear your good news and that the girls are behaving well today! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy day! Bless their hearts - and yours! Thank you for the good news. love Erma

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is scary, and you feel so helpless. I am so grateful for modern medicine and caring doctors and nurses--and the loving hand of our Heavenly Father. Your followers are all people who are pulling for you and your little ones, whether we've ever met you in person or not. My love and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your adventure isn't over yet. There are more roads ahead, but you have loving friends beside you.

    Keep on growing! Keep on moving forward!

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome new!!!! However the worry never ends no matter how old the girls are...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...me too. I pray for more happy days for you, too. Thank you for such an encouraging update. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear the good progress. :) Much Love - The Halls (KW1)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS How can we see you guys now? Any visitors?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! It is good for your heart to hear that good news! We continue to pray for more of that good stuff! :)

    ♥, the Washburns

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am so happy you guys got a good day! I am praying for a good week for you guys. Do you have pictures of these little beauties?

    There is another blog that is very inspiring and they have triplets and just lost one of them. http://threecheersforbabies.blogspot.com/ Maybe that will bring you more strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.