Sunday, October 7, 2012

Special Dresses photo shoot

This weekend I did yet another photo shoot of my beautiful girls.  I know I take a lot of pictures of them, but this photo shoot was done for 3 reasons.  The first one being the most important.

1. The girls were given these beautiful Brazilian dresses by a very special lady that has been following us and our story since the beginning.  She has become our friend and a 2nd grandmother to the girls.  Claudia we love you and appreciate you!  Thank you so much for these beautiful dresses!  These pictures are for you. 

2. I have learned some new techniques and settings on my camera.  It's not new stuff to professional photographers, but I have been trying to figure out how to blur the background in my pictures and I finally figured it out.  So I just had to try it out.  I'm still no way near professional, but I do enjoy the practice.  Plus I have pictures of my girls that will last forever.  My girls are such good sports about doing these photo shoots.  Though it's hard to get pictures of Rachel.  She doesn't stay still much at all.

3. I have been wanting to get pictures at this particular location for a while now.  It's a great location for pictures.   

Rachel, Kayla, Haley
Rachel
Rachel
Haley
Haley
Kayla
Kayla

Last but not least.  This picture appears at first glance to be a blooper, but its really an interesting picture.  It was pure luck.  Read the caption.

Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil

13 comments:

  1. Oh wpw, these dresses are so pretty and all of the photos turned out beautifully. What 3 pretty girls you have. Love how that last one turned out to fit the old saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those pictures are beautiful. You certainly have a wonderful eye as a photographer Amanda and the dresses are gorgeous! I especially love the close-up of Haley - and doesn't she look so pretty in lavender? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are precious! I love these dresses as well! You are becoming quite the photographer of your girls. They are such cuties. What precious memories you will have looking back on these photos in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel looks so tall in those individual shots! They are beautiful girls, and the dresses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dresses are hand smocked. It takes a lot of work to make them. My mother used to make similar ones, and I remember my daughters wearing them when they were little. I have even saved one of them. You are very fortunate to have someone who spent lots and lots of hours making those dresses for your girls. I extend my appreciation to her that she is keeping up this traditional skill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dresses, beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking how perfect each Color of dress is for each girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful dresses, beautiful girls, beautiful pictures, beautiful boque :) Where is this location in Houston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its in a park area in the Summerwood subdivision on West Lake Houston parkway and Summerwood lakes Dr. Highly recommend it!

      Delete
  9. What lovely photos, the girls look so pretty in those colours! They are really suited. The last photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures of your beautiful girls!!! What is the trick to getting the background to blur? What setting do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Cannon DSLR camera. I used the Av setting which is the aperture priority. I set the f-stop to the lowest it would go with the lens I was using (50mm) which was 1.8. I set the ISO at 200 since we were outdoors. I did do some editing on the pictures with Photoshop afterwards, but that is it. It helps to have a nice background in the distance behind the subject to get that nice blur.

      Delete
  11. Amanda, thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. The girls are always beautiful, and continue to look precious in those dresses! Rachel is so tall!!! Haley's second picture is simply gorgeous. Kayla is so cute, she looks just like Haley. The last picture has to be framed (with the saying on top of it)! Congratulations, you became a fantastic photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.