Sunday, July 3, 2011

14 Week Update


 How many weeks?  I'm 14 weeks.  I'm officially in the second trimester!  The baby is approximately the size of a lemon.  Looking back 2 years ago, I was pregnant with the sextuplets and July 3, 2009 is when I was admitted to the hospital for hospital bed rest.  That was a scary time for me not knowing what was going to happen.  I was only 18 weeks at that point.  I'm somewhat more calm with this pregnancy since I'm only carrying one baby and I've had the cerclage done so my cervix is closed tight.  I'm still trying to take things easy and not exert myself too much. 

How am I feeling?  I'm still feeling some nausea, but I have been able to eat well since the beginning.  I feel more nauseous if I go many hours without eating.  I'm lucky and have not had any vomiting.  I'm still having headaches and feeling tired though.  I'm so looking forward to getting that burst of energy the second trimester brings.  Also can't wait to not feel queasy anymore. 

Doctors appointment?  Yes this Thursday.  I am so happy with the doctor (Dr. Pinell) that I have for this pregnancy.  He is not the same one I had with the sextuplets, but he was there for me in the delivery room helping.  He was actually holding my hand during the delivery.  This doctor is the most caring, compassionate, friendly doctor I know.  You don't find that with most doctors.

Weight gain?  I have gained 4 pounds so far.

Maternity clothes?  I am wearing maternity bottoms because they are just so much more comfortable.  I have been wearing some of my non pregnancy bottoms, but I can't button them anymore.  I have not started wearing maternity tops yet.  I'm glad I kept my maternity clothes from my previous pregnancies.  I look forward to wearing these maternity clothes since I didn't get to wear most of them that much when I was pregnant with the sextuplets.

Baby preparation?  No not yet since we don't know if its a boy or a girl.  Plus I'm just now getting into the 2nd trimester so I want to get further along before making any plans.

3 comments:

  1. We are 36 weeks into our pregnancy after a 25 weeker. I am loving being pregnant. Even the normal aches and pains are a welcome change. I loove forward to the updates that youwill have

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! Congrats again! I hope you start feeling less nauseous in your 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.