Haley won't be having her surgery tomorrow after all. The doctor decided to check her bowels with barium to check for any strictures or obstructions. Well they did find a couple more obstructions. The MD's seem to think it's a little scar tissue from the previous surgery, but they are not completely sure. They decided to reschedule the surgery to next Thursday (December 17) since Haley did have a recent central line infection. The doctor wanted to give another week of antibiotics to get that infection completely clear. So we continue to wait again. We hope that this finding of more obstruction is not serious and will be able to be fixed during her surgery next week.
Rachel is doing good. Nothing new with her. She is completely recovered after her bronchoscopy. We are not having to make a decision soon about the trach, fundo/g-tube until Rachel gets bigger. When she does get bigger she may not even need these things. We hope and pray that her rate of growth will increase and she will out grow her tracheomalacia (floppy airway). So we continue to wait with her as well. We love our little girls so very much and are so blessed to have them. We hope that these challenges they are facing will soon come to pass and they will be able to move forward.