On August 4th Rachel and Haley had a birthday and they turned 8 years old!!! Really time has flown by and they are growing up so fast. On their birthday we took them to a jumpy place called Jumpalooza and we had some cupcakes for them. Not really sure, but I don't think Rachel or Haley understood it was their birthday. None the less we celebrated them and remembered their siblings - Ashlyn, Dallin, Braden and Kaitlyn. We love and miss our precious angels. Happy Birthday to our miracle sextuplets!
Rachel and Haley had their 8 year old well child check so here are their stats:
42 inches (3.5 feet)
51 inches (4.25 feet)
Rachel and Haley are healthy but of course have their disabilities that require on going therapy, special education and lots of watchful eyes and attention.
For this birthday post I'm going to write about what they CAN do and the things they like.
- Haley can talk (as well as do some sign language). She is saying some words and is increasing the words she can say. She loves popcorn and has started saying it.
- Haley can understand what we tell her and she will follow what we tell her to do such as throw her trash away, go to the sink to get her hands washed, etc...
- Haley can get around fairly well in our house despite her very low vision. She does need assistance in unfamiliar places.
- Haley can hear well enough with her hearing aids and she loves music. She enjoys playing with her keyboard and any toy that plays music.
- Haley likes dogs and always enjoys going to her cousins house to see the dog. She can even say the dog's name.
- Haley loves to eat and loves junk food!
- Haley is very friendly and loves to be around people.
- Haley loves to make noise. We can always hear where Haley is at any given moment.
- Haley loves to tease and play. She gets herself into trouble at times as well.
- Haley is a very sweet loving little girl!
- Rachel can work the ipad better than me. She likes to take pictures with the ipad and watch kid youtube.
- Rachel likes to help do things/chores (with assistance) like wipe the table, hang wet clothes on hangers to dry, vacuum, wash dishes, etc.
- Rachel can do some sign language.
- Rachel loves to taste foods such as popcorn, pickles, cheetos. Just wish she would swallow food.
- Rachel can get her self dressed (with a little bit of assistance). She definitely knows how to get undressed.
- Rachel loves to cuddle in bed with daddy.
- Rachel can do hair. She is good at putting ponytails in her or her sisters hair.
- Rachel is very good at getting herself into trouble and typically breaks things easily (had to add as this is Rachel and a part of our daily lives).
- Rachel is a sweet girl and gives the best smiles.
We love our girls and just can't believe they are 8 years old already! I still remember the day the sextuplets were born and all the fear, anxiety and excitement. Looking back on that day I really didn't think we would end up with only 2 out of 6. I really thought that all 6 would live and grow up together, but that was not the plan. We are grateful to have Rachel and Haley and we will see our 4 angels again. I do look forward to that glorious day!
Here are pictures of Rachel and Haley on their birthday and their 8 year old pictures.