Monday, February 23, 2015

Kayla's 3 year old pictures and update

This post is so very late.  I had been wanting to get this done for a while now, but as always I have been busy and it kept getting pushed back on my list of to-do's.  Anyway, Kayla turned 3 on December 9th!  She has hit so many developmental milestones since turning 3 over two months ago.  To start her update, here are her stats from December 11th, 2014 (the day she had her 3 yr old check up):

Weight: 26 lbs, 2 oz. (8% ile)
Height:  34 inches (3% ile)
BMI:  55%

At her check up the doctor did a eye screen (vision check) and Kayla passed with flying colors!  Her stats show that Kayla is a petite little girl.  She will one day be the same size as Haley!  They are getting closer to sharing clothes.  I anticipate by this Summer they will be sharing some clothes.



Kayla is a very loving little girl!  She gives us lots of hugs and kisses everyday.  She also tells us frequently that she loves us as well as her sisters and her grandparents.  She is a sweetheart.  As loving as she is, she is also a 3 year old.  I didn't really understand when people said that three year olds were worse than two year olds until Kayla turned 3.  Oh my, she can be very stubborn, bossy and a smart mouth at times.  She was not like this as much back in December.  It has gotten worse the past month.  I understand she is testing us and learning her independence, but it is exhausting!  I am looking forward to the fabulous fours even though I really don't want to see my baby girl grow up so fast.  I love that girl and she is such a blessing to our family.  She is a great little sister to her big sisters.



Boy can Kayla talk!  She talks a lot!  That girl has a phenomenal vocabulary.  She says things that I would not think a 3 year could say.  She is saying new words everyday.  She also says the funniest things.  She makes everyone she meets smile and laugh.  It's fun to listen to her talk as she is pretend playing.  So cute!



Kayla loves playing with other kids.  Whenever we go to the park, to church or on play dates she usually finds someone to play with.  She is a friendly girl.  She is so much like her daddy in regards to this.  When he was a kid, he made lots of friends and he still easily makes friends to this day.



We are still fighting the potty training battle!  I feel like I have been trying to potty train her for over a year now.  She is just being very stubborn about it.  I feel like I'm failing this battle sometimes.  I probably have not been the most consistent due to staying busy with Rachel and Haley's therapies, appointments, etc, but she will go number 1 on the potty sometimes.  Not number 2.  She fights me about sitting on the potty in the morning (the only time I can be  100% consistent).  I know she can do it and I'm sure she won't be a 4 year old in diapers, but I sure am ready for her to get this 100%.  I really want at least one kid out of diapers in our house.

February 2015

Kayla has been attending preschool for almost 4 months now and she is doing okay.  She tends to get clingy and doesn't want to participate at first, but then she warms up to it after a little while.  At this preschool I have to stay with her the whole hour and a half and because of that Kayla tends to have a hard time sometimes.  I wish I could leave the room because Kayla does so much better at participating when I'm not there.  I'm thankful for this preschool though and she is learning.  Her teachers are nice and make it fun.



The things she loves right now:
- watching cartoons, especially Sofia the first
- anything princess
- dressing up in her play clothes or dresses
- playing, playing and more playing
- flowers
- apples and applesauce (her favorite fruit)
- Her mommy and daddy    



(Pictures in polka dot dress where taken December 6, 2014)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear - she is and has always been such a cute one! What a lovely girl indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla is a cute spirited little girl. It sounds like she has a very busy active life. As for the potty training, maybe she sees her sisters using diapers and doesn't want to be different? Just a thought. Also a small potty 'all her own' might help. Let her decorate it with stickers etc ( on the outside, lol) You're right:l ikely she will 'get' it soon. With regard to being a handful, she does have a difficult place in the family, being able to do things her sisters can't. She is a good sister but may feel a bit frustrated? Idk. I just know she has terrific parents and is a lovely little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in your blog for the first time in months and it is so sweet to hear how your girls are growing.

    From one mom to another, don't worry about the potty training. I know some potty train so young and it makes you feel like you're failing! But you're not. You're amazing. There are so many battles you MUST fight and win with children. But potty training need not be one of them. I have four young ones and I have learned to really let them lead the way in this area. They get there...they do!! And when they're good and ready, it seems to come together so quickly. With my oldest, like you, I felt like I worked on it for a year and a half...with later ones, I just waited until they initiated and it happened much more smoothly and quickly. Save the battles for other things.

    One other thing we have learned is to let the child be a part of setting the reward. For some it may be an m&m...for some a few small toys picked out at the dollar store, for others, a favorite tv show, etc.

    Always enjoy checking in on how your miraculous daughters are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.