Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update on the Girls


I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since our last blog post. Time flies by when we are having fun with the girls. Not a whole lot has happened in the last 2 weeks. The girls continue to get some type of therapy (PT, OT or speech) everyday except Friday's. Usually they get therapy in the morning and afternoon Monday - Thursday. We are working on mobility/strengthening, feeding and early language development. At times I feel the progress is slow, but when I look back on it all, they have come a very long way. It will take time, but they will continue to develop and progress.

Haley has definitely come a long way with her strength and mobility. She is our mover and shaker. She loves to stand (with assistance) as well as bounce and jump. We put her in one of those doorway jumpers and she loves it! Despite her small size, she is so strong. She is a spitfire. Haley has been working on more teeth. She has two bottom teeth. Now a top tooth is making its way in. Haley has progressed in her baby "talk". She is making more sounds. Its so cute to hear her "talk". She is going to be our talker - just like her daddy. Haley will be getting her cranial shaping helmet this week. We hope she adjusts to it as well as Rachel has.

Rachel has been our laid back, easy going girl lately. When the TV is on, we find her watching it. She is not as strong as Haley, but she will get there with more work and therapy. Rachel sure does love to put her toys in her mouth and chew on them. I find teeth marks in all of the girls toys. So I know she is working on getting more teeth as well. About three weeks ago when Rachel was seen by the ENT doctor, we got good news after the doctor looked at her vocal cords. The doctor said she could see the supposed paralyzed vocal cord moving. This is great as that means that her vocal cord paralysis is getting better. You couldn't tell that Rachel has some vocal cord paralysis because when she "talks" she is loud.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately though we did get the girls one year old professional pictures taken this past weekend. We look forward to seeing them. I will post them when I get them.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I can't wait to see them! Growing strong! I can't believe a whole year has gone by! They are so blessed and you are all so lucky to have them here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! Thanks for sharing. I cant wait to see the pictures! Love, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 days? I fellt like it was at least a month!!
    Great to see your lovely girls!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just keep checking in, and its fun to see a new post, but more fun to know you are enjoying your little girls!!!

    They are so sweet -- love 'em

    Erma

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls are so cute! You totally need to post some videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Your girls are so precious! It seems like they have grown so much in the last few months! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using the "Johnny Jump-Up" or what ever the jumping thing in the doorway is called these day is a good thing. I am sorry I did not use it for my son. One of the Early Interventionist said that it would not be good for him and I listened to her. Now I look back and think about the fun he missed out on jumping up and down and maybe it could of helped strengthen his trunk control a bit more. The Early Interventionist said he would not gain any more strength because of his spastic muscle tone and even though today he is unable to sit independently, I regret that I did not use the "Johnny Jump-Up" for him. In my heart I think it would of helped him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those of us who have followed your story from the beginning wait for your updates. May not seem like anything new is happening but to all of us 'fans' it is a LONG time between updates.
    It's nice to be able to see what all of our prayers have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.