Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day


What a special day for me. A day I thought would never come - my first Mother's day. Mother's day will always be a special day for me. A day that I have longed for. It has been challenging the past few years to get to this point, but I am here and am eternally grateful for my precious Haley and Rachel as well as my angels who have passed on and now anxiously await the day we will be reunited as an eternal family. Rachel and Haley are everything to me and they are the light of my life. I couldn't of asked for better little girls. Being a mom is so wonderful. It's amazing to get the opportunity to watch my children grow, learn and become themselves under my care and love. To see them smile just melts my heart. To hear them "talk" makes me smile. All the little things they do reminds me of how special they are. There is nothing better than being their mom.

The girls had another busy week with doctor's appointments. We saw the pulmonologist who said Rachel's lungs sound clear after her pneumonia and Haley's pulmonary hypertension is resolving (50% better). The girls also got a good report after seeing the pediatric neurologist Dr. Carlos Rivera. The interesting thing about Dr. Rivera is that he is married to one of the Neonatologists at Woman's who took care of Haley and Rachel. We liked her. She was always so informative and explained things very well to us. Dr. Rivera told us at our appointment, after examining them that they looked great and their chances of cerebral palsy are very low. We were so excited when we heard this. Both Rachel and Haley are active and move well. They are still behind in their development, but that is to be expected with their extreme prematurity. They continue to get therapy and make progress with ECI. Haley saw the ENT doctor for her hearing loss and unfortunately her ear canals are too small for tubes. The doctor will look at her again in 3 months and go from there. On this Mothers Day I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the privilege He has given me to be a Mother. It is a sacred honor. I hope and pray each day I will be the mother that Heavenly Father expects me to be. I am eternally gratefully also on this Mothers Day for my mother. She has always been there for me when I have needed her. She is such an amazing woman. I love and admire her very much. Happy Mother's day to all mom's out there.

12 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've been following your story. I am so happy that the girls are doing so well and that the risks for CP now appear very low. Happy Mother's Day to you and many blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Mother's Day to you and here's to many more joyous ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Hearing that their chances of having cerebral Palsy are low. Imagine that? Modern medicine has come along way with preemies since my son was born 16 years ago, who has cerebral palsy. I am sure you are thankful with hearing this news. You certainly are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an exciting day to celebrate with you Amanda! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such great news! I am very happy to follow the girls progress and to see you and Thomas doing such a good job with them. Happy mother's day! You deserve!
    Love,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Mother's Day!! it is grand to be a mother - i love it! glad for the girls progress. they are such little loves...
    Happiness always.
    love, Erma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day! You're a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Mommy...I've been following your blog since the beginning. Thanks for your inspiration and example...what marvelous girls you are holding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great, I can't believe how much they have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Be-lated Mother's Day to a super mommy. You have been through so much and have been blessed with 8 children, 2 of which get the opurtunity to travel through this life with a great Mom and Dad!!

    The girls are so cute and growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have followed your blog since right before your babies were born. That is wonderful news that they have a low chance of having CP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day! I remember what a special day it was when I held my baby in my arms my first Mother's Day with one to hold. After 9 miscarriages, it was such a happy day but hard too.
    You just look beautiful there with your precious girls! Nothing is more beautiful then a mother with her children and after all you have been through you are definitely one of the most beautiful there is! Your testimony shows you beauty the most!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.