Sunday, September 11, 2011

24 Week Update


How many weeks?  I'm 24 weeks! 

How am I feeling?  Still feeling good and sleeping well.  I'm feeling bigger and I have noticed I don't walk as fast as I used to and it's harder to get up off the floor.  I have also been having Braxton Hicks contractions.  I was so worried when I started feeling them, but my doctor said they are common.  He does want me to call him if I have 4 or more an hour.  I have been doing so much better at keeping my self hydrated.  That seems to decrease the Braxton Hicks contractions.  Other than these common pregnancy symptoms, I'm doing good.

Weight gain?  I have definitely gained some weight the past couple of weeks.  Though it seems my weight fluctuates a little from day to day.  The scale today shows that I've gained a total of 17 pounds.  My hunger has been getting the best of me.

Doctors appointment?  I see my OB this week.  I see him every 2 weeks.  He has been seeing me every 2 weeks since I was 8 weeks along.  He knows my history and wants to keep a close eye on me just in case.  Also he wants me to feel reassured by allowing me to see him more frequently.  I get an ultrasound every time.  My doctor is awesome! 

Baby preparation?  We have been looking around online for a chest of drawers that closely matches the crib.  I have found one, but just haven't bought it yet.  Also I bought a curtain rod for the valence that a good friend made for me.  I haven't hung it up yet.  As soon as we get the nursery complete, I will post pictures. 

Rachel and Haley's reaction to the pregnancy:  So far Rachel and Haley don't seem to notice that my belly is getting bigger.  I have told them that they have a little sister on the way, but I don't think they understand.  Rachel has one time patted my belly, but I think she was just copying me patting my belly. 

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.