Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Before December ends, I thought I better get this posted.  Christmas this year we traveled to my home town - Austin, Texas.  My parents and Thomas's parents live in Austin as well as my brother and Thomas's two sisters.  It takes about 3 hours to get to Austin from our home.  Its always a challenge to travel with our girls, but the trip there and back was not bad.  They handled it well. We were happy to visit Austin and enjoy time with our family.

Rachel
Haley and her Aunt plus Smokey the dog
Kayla playing Legos with two of her cousins
Rachel opening a gift Christmas morning
Haley opening a gift with daddy's help
Kayla opening a gift
Kayla, Haley and Rachel sitting in front of my brother's HUGE Christmas tree
Haley

On Christmas eve we went to the cemetery to visit the grave site of Ashlyn, Braden, Dallin and Kaitlyn.  It was hard for me and brought tears to my eyes to have to visit them like that for Christmas, but I do know for sure that I will see them again and it will be a joyous reunion.  I do look forward to that day.  We love and miss them so very much!

The girls with daddy at the grave site.

We were so happy to have finally visited our family in Austin.  It had been over a year since we last visited.  The girls especially Kayla really enjoyed playing with some of their cousins. Kayla didn't want to leave.  We love our families and are grateful for them.  Family is everything. 

On our way home to Houston we made a detour to College station to visit Santa's wonderland.  It was so neat to see so many lights. There were 3 million!  It was a great way to end our Christmas trip from Austin.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, what great pics, the girls were definitely enjoying themselves opening their gifts. Lovely to see. What a fantastic set of lights too.
    Thinking of you too as you remember your other precious children.
    May I wish you all a very happy new year and that 2014 will bring you many blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.