Friday, September 13, 2013

Kayla is 21 Months

Here is an update on my active, fun-loving, outgoing youngest little girl!  I can't believe she will be 2 in just 3 short months.  I still remember the day she was born.  Why does time have to go so fast?!  Kayla is just growing up so fast with all the things she is doing now.  She is becoming miss independant!

I have several pictures of Kayla this month.  She cooperated well for her photo shoot and I couldn't narrow it down to just a few.  I'm venturing out with my photography - I took these pictures in 100% manual mode!  I usually use aperture priority or sometimes shutter priority mode.  With my new camera (got it back in March), I even have been guilty of sometimes using the automatic mode which is not the best to do if you want professional looking pictures.  I am happy with these pictures seeing I took them using manual.  I definitely will be using manual more often.  It's not as scary as I thought it would be.  I edit all my pictures using Lightroom and I make them colorful and sharp, but for some reason Blogger makes my pictures look not so colorful and somewhat grainy.  Not sure how to fix that!?


On September 9, Kayla weighed 22 lbs, 12 oz.  Not sure how Kayla stays so petite because she loves to eat!  She is somewhat picky and won't eat some things, but on the most part she eats good.  Of course she prefers the not so healthy foods (junk foods).  I do limit those foods.  She loves her mandarin oranges and applesauce.  She is a bread eater and loves waffles, pancakes, raisin bread, rolls, etc...  Kayla is doing so well using her kid size forks and spoons.  I also switched her sippy cup to a 24 month + cup.  No more sippy cups with the spout for her.  She loves her new cup!  

    
Kayla's language continues to develop and progress.  She is adding new words to her vocabulary all the time.  She continues to use her sign language as well.  Kayla is going to be a non-stop talker!  Kayla's favorite words lately have been "NO" and "Mine".  Very typical for this age.    



Kayla pretends play that she is talking on the phone with her toy phone.  She really gets into it and acts as though she is having a conversation with someone.  It makes me laugh!  


Kayla has gotten into climbing!  She is taking after her sister Haley.  They are both daredevils.  Kayla likes to climb into her high chair as well as onto other things.  I have to watch her and Haley closely! 


Kayla gets so excited when Rachel and Haley's therapists come to work with them as well as when daddy or I come home.  I've never seen such pure joy and excitement in a kid before. 


Kayla has made some small progress in the direction to potty training.  She signs potty as well as likes to sit on the potty.  So far she has used the big potty one time!  I'm so proud of her!   


Kayla hates to take her naps and go to bed at night.  She puts up a fight, but once she is down she will sleep 1 1/2 hours for her naps and about 12 hours at night.  


Kayla is so full of energy, but is so loving and sweet.  When someone is leaving our house she will tell them bye, bye.  She also loves to give hugs and kisses.  We love her so very much and continue to thank our Heavenly Father for her and her big sisters.    

1 comment:

  1. What a princess! I love to see how well she is developing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! We love to hear from you! If you prefer to not leave a comment on our blog you can email us at stanseljourney@gmail.com.